Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Senior Mining Engineer (Full-time) ref: GMD-HR-FT-SGE-2022
Based in the beautiful, historic mining landscape of Cornwall (UK) Global Mine Design Ltd are a forward-looking, modern, technology-focussed mining consultancy that works all over the world.
We are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team. Someone who has been exposed to different ground conditions, who understands how rockmass responds to mining conditions and can explain safety and production risks in a clear and concise manner.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Fully aware that geotechnical conditions are the foundation to successful long-term mine plans and help define safe working conditions and responsible mining practices
- Willing to mentor our junior staff (including our student interns) and help develop their skills and
enthusiasm for their careers through your own experiences
- Able to develop the geotechnical nature of GMD’s current and future portfolio of projects
- Interested in exploring technological innovations
- Fully engaged in the integration of rockmass data into mine plans and designs
- Excited to demonstrate their hard-earned skills to GMD clients and associates
- Respectful of, and able to work with, people of all ages, races, genders, and sexuality
Your experience should be based around geotechnical engineering in challenging ground conditions. We are
keen for someone who can demonstrate:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mining engineering, geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, or other strongly related subject.
- Ideally a post-graduate qualification in a subject that compliments the mining and/or geotechnical engineering aspect of your initial degree
- Exposure to a variety of orebodies, mining methods, working environments and cultures
- Advanced skills in data collection and analysis, numerical modelling, seismic analysis, coding, etc
In return, we will keep you engaged with your work. Our employees all receive:
- Competitive salary – this position starts at £40,000 base, with increases possible depending on experience
- A friendly, innovative, and forward-thinking work environment
- Powerful computers and access to other technologies to allow you to create great solutions
- Skills-based training for career development
- Vacation of 25 days in addition to statutory and bank holiday days
- Pension and other health & wellbeing benefits
- Flexible working hours to suit family arrangements
Applicants should email their CV and a detailed covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is November 18th, 2022. Only persons suitable for an interview will be contacted, within 2 weeks of the closing date. Interviewees will be required to provide proof of their right to work in the United Kingdom and to provide references on request.